Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for Bob Lee or other PLX users

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by g4string, Jun 11, 2003.

1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    I have never noticed this but I want to make sure that this is normal. I run my QSC PLX-1602 bridged into 4 ohms. I was playing at a rehersal and noticed that on both channels, the gain led's were moving. I double checked the switches in the rear panel and the amp was in bridged mono. The bridged mono light was illuminated and the parallel led was not illuminated on the front panel. I cant remember if both gain led's were moving in unison. All I remember was both channels lighing up (moving up and down) while the amp was configured for bridged operation.

Should both channel's gain indicaters light up and move when you are bridging the amplifier.

2. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    The signal level LEDs on each channel show that the channel output is producing signal. In bridged mono, you're using both outputs (combined in series to produce double the output voltage of one channel by itself). Therefore, you should see on both channels signal LED indications that are close to identical.

3. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    In other words. This is normal in bridged mono operation. I never noticed this before. Thanks Bob.