1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question for Bob Lee regarding PLX replacement Parts

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by uglybassplayer, Oct 16, 2004.

  1. uglybassplayer


    Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    Hey Bob,

    I recently sold my PLX1602 to Lyle Caldwell. UPS did a trash job on it during shipping, resulting in bent rack ears on one side as well as a broken cast aluminum pull handle that covers the right rack ear. We filed a claim, but UPS is claiming it wasn't sufficiently packed (even though it was double-boxed using thick corrugated boxes and stuffed with wads of paper throughout to fill any gaps).

    Anyway, I'm wondering how we can go about getting a new aluminum handle. Do you know off hand how much it will cost, and who I can contact to get one.


    Frank Genus
  2. Eric Moesle

    Eric Moesle

    Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I'm not Bob and don't work for QSC (although I use a QSC amp), but I believe there is a parts number on the qsc web site that you can call and order parts. I ordered new ribbon cables from them several months ago, and they're super friendly and fast shippers. A true first-rate operation.
  3. I am also not Bob Lee but I do know that QSC's website has all the information you will need. They sell replacement parts for many of their amps, current and old stock.
  4. uglybassplayer


    Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    Thanks guys. I did see the accessories links on QSC's website, and there was a specific link for a "2RU" handle on the PLX page, but the handle shown when you click the link is a generic "C shaped" handle, NOT the distinctive gray cast handles that originally come one the PLX series. That's why I'm hoping that Bob can help.

    - Frank.
  5. Had a similar experience with an ebay purchase of a PLX3402. I'm looking for the same part and found this on the site in the "factory parts" section of the tech support page...
    I suspect that is what you're looking for (and cheaper than I would have expected). Obviously need to contact them to confirm this is the right part.
  6. uglybassplayer


    Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    Thanks Scotius, I'll try that! :hyper:

    - Frank.
  7. Bob Lee (QSC)

    Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

    Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Yup, that's the one for a PLX!