Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for Boss GT6-B users

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Aussie Mark, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Aussie Mark

Aussie Mark I come from a land down under Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz
    Endorsing Artist: Fender; O'Neill Amps; Cave Passive Pedals
    I've tried asking this question at the Roland forums with nada response, so I thought I'd try here and see if I have any better luck :)

Is it possible to send the modelled signal from the mono XLR output to the PA desk, and at the same time run the modelled signal from the mono 1/4" output to my bass rig on stage?

In other words, are the XLR and 1/4" outputs in parallel? If so, does using both at once affect the output signal level at all?

Also, if the GT-6B is connected directly to a mixing desk, is the GT-6B at risk of being fried if phantom power is applied at the desk (for condenser mics)? I know I can eliminate this risk by putting a DI box in the signal path between the GT6-B and the desk, but this would seem ridiculous given that the GT6-B already has a balanced XLR output.

Thanks in advance

2. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    I haven't tried it yet. but as far as I know, the XLR and jacks output exactly the same sound, simultaneously, so it should work fine.
    Phantom power is 99 times out a 100 applied per channel, not across the whole desk. so it shouldn't be at risk. But if the phan power button on the channel you're plugged into is activated it could quite poss do damage.

3. tinfoil

tinfoil

Oct 20, 2002
    Canada
    I as well don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Next time I get a chance I will try it, but I normally DI from my amp as my BBE comes after my 6B and I want to get that in there too.