1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question for Carvin RedLine Owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by prokfrog, Sep 17, 2008.

1. prokfrog

prokfrog

Mar 16, 2007
    new jersey
    I'm looking for clarification on how the Mid Pre-Shape button works.

The way I interpret, with the button OUT, I'm cutting 250 @ 10db, with 500 flat.

With the button IN, I'm cutting 500 @ 10db with 250 flat.

So if I wanted to effectively be "flat" across the board, I could keep the button OUT, and boost the 250 eq slider to 10db

Sound right?

2. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    Yeah, that's about right. I don't know the bandwidth of the mid pre-shape cut compared to the bandwidth of the graphic EQ slider, though...

Instead of using the graphic EQ to repair the damage done by the mid pre-shape, I use the parametric mid control. That way I don't have to give up one of my graphic EQ bands. My parametric mid always stays set the same to compensate for the cut of mid pre-shape, and my graphic EQ is available for room tuning from one venue to the next.

3. prokfrog

prokfrog

Mar 16, 2007
    new jersey
    Thanks. i thought of that, but i have the parametric set with a boost @ around 650-ish which helps to sneak in the mix with some nice bite.

My bass has a sweepable mid control i can get down to 300 if I need more in that range.