Question for Cirrus owner...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JFT, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Hi all,

I've done some research but haven't been able to find the following info:
    (for a 5 strings)

Width and thickness at the nut?

Width and thickness at the 24 fret?

The reason I'm asking is simple, I really like their action after trying some and I'd like to know what makes their neck SO comfy.

Their neck crosssection is "D" shaped right?

Scale length is not the answer as my BTB is 35"

Not sure if this was the best forum....

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

If I had a Cirrus 5, I could answer your questions regarding measurement. Mine is a 6.

The neck shape is what would be called a very shallow C shape. D shaped necks keep their thickness until very near the sides of the neck. Check out a Warwick for a D shaped neck. The Cirrus is more tapered, although the taper is very gradual.

As far as thickness goes, I can try to measure mine in the next couple of days, but as I said, mine is a six. I'm sure that the five is at least a little different.
  3. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    I had a Cirrus 5 for a bit but can't remember. Peavey has a support forum on their site you can sign up for and post any question you want. Their techs will answer any questions for you.
  4. Thank you both.

The shape info is particularely interesting... and let me puzzled :? My BTB has a "C" neck (I always thought so anyway), fingerboard radius is comparable from the data found in the Peavey manual. Both are 35" and yet I felt the playability was WAY better on the Cirrus, neck was faster. Any idea why???

I'd appreciate the thickness info Embellisher I'll try to find a 6 around here to see if I like the neck as much.

I'm gonna give the Peavey forum a try...