1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question for die-hard Laland DJ owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tdizzle, May 3, 2010.

1. tdizzle

tdizzle

Aug 3, 2009
    Detroit, MI
    I just killed the neck pickup in my DJ. Do I get a new Lakland/Hanson replacement, or replace both pickups with Aeros?

DSCN2411.

2. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
    Killed it how?

3. mcm

mcm

Oct 2, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    either are great

4. tdizzle

tdizzle

Aug 3, 2009
    Detroit, MI
    Broke the winding. I could have it rewound, but a new Lakland pickup is only sightly more expensive.

5. 1kinal

1kinal

Jan 18, 2006
    Montreal, Qc. Canada
    Endorsing Artist: SIT strings
    To me the lakland and aero sounds really close. If you want to hear by yourself:

http://www.martinletendre.com/aero_lakland.html

I prefer the aeros and that's what I left in the bass. I got the lakland in a drawer waiting to be played...PM me if you want them.

6. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Since this has the Laklands, JUSt replace the neck pickup.....if you liked the sound before why change?

those are some awsome basses!!!

I hear the maple/black blocked neck will be available on other lakies soon...even in 5 string!!! yahoo!!!

7. adhus

adhus

Mar 22, 2009
    Desert Jungle
    Hi all,
    Don't mean to hijack this thread, but..
    What d'you guys think of installing an EMG JVX on DJ 4?
    The reasons why is, I tought it's gonna be an easy job to replace the stock pup with JVX, no soldering required.
    Or maybe you guys have another suggestions for the pup replacement. So far i've been using aguilar tone hammer to amp'd up my DJ4, and now i'm thinking to mod it with JVX after i saw Ed Friedland on youtube reviewing JVX. Really interesting...

Cheers!

8. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    The JVX pickups don't appeal to me at all.

I'd also just replace the neck pickups with another Lakland as long as you liked the tone before. The Aero's aren't a radical departure from the Laklands anyway.