Question for diff

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderboy, Oct 15, 2002.

1. fenderboy

Jun 21, 2002
    Hey im just wondering what kind of bass is in his sig if anyone knows just tell me i really like the way it looks and im just wondering what the company it came from name is.

2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  3. fenderboy

Jun 21, 2002
    It was a conklin. ok i havent seen very many custom conklins ive only seen mostly groove tools.
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Hey fenderboy. While I wish it was a custom Conklin, it actually is a Groove Tools- it's the Bill Dickens signature model GT-BD7. It's similar to the GT-7 but has several upgrades, like neck-through construction, a nicer top, different fingerboard width, and many extra knobs and switches to confuse and befuddle me when I need to adjust a setting in a dark room. I purchased it right here on TalkBass from fretless5 (he took the picture), which is understandable because it's a fretted 7. Great bass.
  5. fenderboy

Jun 21, 2002
    So it's the bill dickens model upgraded ? I was just wondering cause i think it has a wonderful quilted top.