Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for diff

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderboy, Oct 15, 2002.

1. fenderboy

fenderboy

Jun 21, 2002
    Hey im just wondering what kind of bass is in his sig if anyone knows just tell me i really like the way it looks and im just wondering what the company it came from name is.

-thanks

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  3. fenderboy

fenderboy

Jun 21, 2002
    It was a conklin. ok i havent seen very many custom conklins ive only seen mostly groove tools.

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hey fenderboy. While I wish it was a custom Conklin, it actually is a Groove Tools- it's the Bill Dickens signature model GT-BD7. It's similar to the GT-7 but has several upgrades, like neck-through construction, a nicer top, different fingerboard width, and many extra knobs and switches to confuse and befuddle me when I need to adjust a setting in a dark room. I purchased it right here on TalkBass from fretless5 (he took the picture), which is understandable because it's a fretted 7. Great bass.

5. fenderboy

fenderboy

Jun 21, 2002
    So it's the bill dickens model upgraded ? I was just wondering cause i think it has a wonderful quilted top.