Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for Doors/Jim Morrison fans

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Nov 22, 2002.

1. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I really didn't think this belonged in one of the music forums so I stuck it here. But it's cool if you want to move it.

I was wondering, what you guys and gals thought of the "Nobody gets Out of Here Alive" book. Do you think it's a good read? A lot of my local books stores have it for 7 bucks. If not, what do your think a better Doors/Jim Morrison book would be?

2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    that is one incredible biography!!! i read it about twice a year. you'll learn that there was a lot more to him than meets the eye...

3. Wow you just made me aware that I lost that book.
    I read it a hundred times in high school.
    There are true/false sides to the book but all and all it is a great read.

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i'd say this is music related. off to misc.

5. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to pick it up.

6. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I was a huge Doors' fan in Grades 6-7('70-'71). ;)

I am not that schooled on the written word, though.
    No One Gets Out Alive got some rave reviews over at B&N's site...personally, I'm more interested in a story about The Doors as a band.
    Any suggestions?
    How's Densmore's book?
    Anyone?
    Buehler?

Also, I was browsing the DVD section today & saw a Doors Live DVD(3 separate concerts from their heyday)...anyone here own that?

7. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    My dad is a big doors fan. He dont like Jim Morrison though because of his "stage antics" :rolleyes:
    but he likes the music alot.

Has anyone noticed madona copyed the light my fire riff??!?!
    ..on that beautiful stranger song.. I heard that on the radio today(forgive me) and i heard that and i though "light my fire".. but it was MODonna... i was like "***" heh.. weird huh?!?! i guess if puffy can rip off james i guess madonna can copy one of the greatest rock bands of all time.. :(

not that im putting puffy in the same class with madonna .. =/

but anyway the book.. haven't seen it. Ive heard of it, sounds cool! i might get it for my best friend brett. either that or a Gwen steffani poster... *lord help us* :rolleyes:

8. I heard that the Doors mite be going out on tour again?? With Ian Attsberry singing and Stuart Copeland drumming...This would be so cooooool I hope it takes shape>>

9. they have played some shows with Ian Astbury and Stewart Copeland already.
    apparently they plan to record an album next year.
    it seems that the Cult are on hiatus again after a recent mini-tour to promote their new live DVD.

10. that book is pretty good. Definitely check it out.
    Also, if your interested in the rest of the doors' members, check out "light my fire: my life with the doors" by the organ/keyboard bass player Ray Manzarek. It's more about the development of the doors as a band, and how it all came to be. really good.