1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

question for eden/nemesis users (or anyone else)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by km723, Aug 31, 2008.

1. km723

km723

Jun 15, 2008
    Washington D.C.
    Howdy. I recently purchased an Eden WT800 and D410XST. I got a really good deal on them which leaves me with about $400, which I was planning on spending on a 2x10 to alleviate some of the portability issues that naturally accompany a 4x10. What seems like the best choice to me is the Nemesis N210RS, which is rated at 300W. However, the WT800 is rated at 400W at 4 ohms, so is there a chance that the cabinet could be blown? I really know next to nothing about this so please help!

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    No, it'll be fine. Just listen to the speakers, they'll tell you if you're hurting them.

3. bamabass

bamabass

May 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    get a 210 xlt or 210 xst.....they will kill with an 800 and be great when paired with you 410

4. km723

km723

Jun 15, 2008
    Washington D.C.
    Alrighty thanks a bunch.
    And trust me, if I had the money and I wasn't in a hurry I would definitely buy the xst.
    If I still got the nemesis, would that pair up with my 410 well also?

5. IT will work sonically but they dont stack well together.

6. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    yes, **IF** your wt800 can run at 4ohms (two 8 ohm cabs = 4 ohms) read the back of the amp it should be labeled "??? watts at ???ohms"

early wt800 models were 8 ohms only as far as I understand.

if you have a wt800c then you will definitely be O.K.

7. Couple things from a Nemesis rig user:

- The Nemesis cabs are cool - but way different sonically than their other series. Less low end, more pronounced eq'ing at some upper mid frequency. I am not sure -but from my experience, the Nemesis cab's are more tuned for a certain sound than a standard cab. I've played my GK head through my Nemesis 212 and couldn't stand it. Played my GB head through it, and had to tweak a bunch to get the sound that worked.

The good thing is the cabs are pretty light weight.

Also, from what I've seen (and this may have changed), the cabs are usually 4 ohms (at least the older ones were) - to match up with the Nemesis head. So make sure the cab is going to work with what else you want to hook it up to - in the way you want to.

I would recommend one of the standard series Eden cabs to match up with your 4x10. Also, remember that if you're pairing a 2x10 with a 4x10, each cab will get the same amount of power - but that means the speakers in the 4x10 cab will only be getting half the power that the ones in the 2x10 are getting. So if the 4x10 cab is deeper sounding, then you might actually lose some of that deepness when you pair it with a 2x10 cab.

edit - just re-read your post. So the 2x10 cab would be used *instead of* the 4x10 for smaller gigs? Hmm. You might want to score a 2x12 cab instead - either the Nemesis (lightweight), or maybe an Avatar Neo? Similar size to a 4x10 cab, but lighter.

8. Actually the N210RS is an 8 ohm cab.

I have one and the N115RS and use it with a Nemesis RS400. It sounds great.

So, if i understand it right, being 8 ohm means you shouldn't have a problem as your wt800 cannot output a full 500 watts at 8 ohms.

Does that sound right guys?

9. firebass6

firebass6

Feb 14, 2008
    With any of the wt 800s you can run 2 cabs in dual mono. one off each side of the amp. if yours is an 800a you can only bridge it into 8ohms BE CAREFULL! check the back it sould say what the bridge ohms should be. later models can be bridge into 4ohms. Save the money and get a 210xst add it to your 410 for a killer rig. The eden forum has a lot of advise too