1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question for F Bass Owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by berklee46, Dec 5, 2003.

1. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    Could one of you do me a favor and let me know which Levy's Model George uses for his gig bags? I had one a while back and was very impressed with the quality.

Thanks!

2. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Yes, it's a Levy. I have the F bass double gig bag and the Undercover double gig bag. I think the Undercover is a little thicker with more padding. But the Levy is little longer and bigger.

3. berklee46

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    I've got a great Undercover double bag, but wanted to check out a single bag like the F Bass bag for my new 35" GB Bass.

I just need to know which model number that particular Levy's bag is. Levy's offers quite a few...

Thanks!

4. Mine is for a single bass
    Levy CM 19 PR
    Hope that it helps

5. berklee46

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    Thank you.

Now to find an online Levy's dealer... :)

6. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I have a F Bass/Levy bag and I'd bet that it's a special bag made just for George's basses.

I found one of the Levy's that's close but still not as nice as the bag that comes wrapped around the BN5.

If you find a source would you post here or email me, please?

7. berklee46

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
  8. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    I had a hard time tracking down places to get specific Levy's bags. I got a couple at my local GC that are very close to the F-Bass version, I think they are CM19E or something similar (I'll check when I get home). They have that 1-inch thick plush velvet-type interior and were around $55 each.

Here is the website for Levy's

On the Products page, click on the CM series, then Page 67. Their double bag looks nice too, CM88 (pg. 65). They also have a 'Find a retailer' function.

9. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    For anyone interested, the G***** Center in El Toro, CA has 3 or 4 Levy's leather gig bags which retail for about 400$ +/- on sale for 150, I think. A REALLY nice leather bag, and GC is selling them lower than their GLP, whic\h stands for Guaranteed Lowest Price, but really stands for Guaranteed Lotsa Profit!