Question for F Bass Owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by berklee46, Dec 5, 2003.

1. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Could one of you do me a favor and let me know which Levy's Model George uses for his gig bags? I had one a while back and was very impressed with the quality.

2. Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Yes, it's a Levy. I have the F bass double gig bag and the Undercover double gig bag. I think the Undercover is a little thicker with more padding. But the Levy is little longer and bigger.
  3. berklee46

Dec 19, 2000
    I've got a great Undercover double bag, but wanted to check out a single bag like the F Bass bag for my new 35" GB Bass.

I just need to know which model number that particular Levy's bag is. Levy's offers quite a few...

4. Mine is for a single bass
    Levy CM 19 PR
    Hope that it helps
  5. berklee46

Dec 19, 2000
    Thank you.

Now to find an online Levy's dealer... :)
  6. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I have a F Bass/Levy bag and I'd bet that it's a special bag made just for George's basses.

I found one of the Levy's that's close but still not as nice as the bag that comes wrapped around the BN5.

If you find a source would you post here or email me, please?
  7. berklee46

Dec 19, 2000
  8. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    I had a hard time tracking down places to get specific Levy's bags. I got a couple at my local GC that are very close to the F-Bass version, I think they are CM19E or something similar (I'll check when I get home). They have that 1-inch thick plush velvet-type interior and were around $55 each.

Here is the website for Levy's

On the Products page, click on the CM series, then Page 67. Their double bag looks nice too, CM88 (pg. 65). They also have a 'Find a retailer' function.
  9. jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    For anyone interested, the G***** Center in El Toro, CA has 3 or 4 Levy's leather gig bags which retail for about 400$ +/- on sale for 150, I think. A REALLY nice leather bag, and GC is selling them lower than their GLP, whic\h stands for Guaranteed Lowest Price, but really stands for Guaranteed Lotsa Profit!