Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for Fender Bassman 400 PRO owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rkfromChi, Mar 18, 2004.

1. rkfromChi

rkfromChi

Jan 14, 2004
    Chicago, IL.
    Hey People.

I recently scored a sweet deal on a Bassman 400 PRO w/tuner for a little over $600. I want to know if I can add an extension cab to it. If I can do so, how do I set it up & does Fender have a 15' cab in the same series that matches the 2X10 cab?

2. BassIan

BassIan Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2003
    Cupertino, California
    That is a killer amp, you're really gonna get some good sound out of it. That amp runs 350W into 4 ohms, 500W into 2 ohms, I believe. It can run an extension cabinet. This is done by plugging the cabinet into the extra output at the back of the amp (right by the one that's plugged into the build in speakers) with speaker cable (NOT instrument cable... these are very different). I believe Fender is releasing a 1x15 cabinet to match the 400 Pro, since it has been a popularly demanded item. Although, any extension cabinet will do, provided it is a 4 ohm cabinet and is relatively efficient (loud). The matching one will be nice, but there are lots of good 1x15's out there.

Hope this answers your question. Post up again if you have any more questions!

3. Nice amp! I recently tried one of these out. I was very impressed. I tested it with a Fender Highway 1 Jazz, which was a good match with the 400 Pro combo. I had to refrain myself from buying it...I did get the jazz however. Yep, Fender just released a 1x15 to pair with that amp...and it's 4 ohm. It's called the 115 Pro Ext. It sells for $400 at music123. There's also a 115 Pro (not ext), which mates up with their new 2x10, that one is 8 ohms. I think you will want a 4 ohm cab. Here's a link for pics.

Fender new products