Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for guitar players

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Saetia, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Alright I know this is a bass site, but I don't know anywhere else to ask, or to find out, and I know there are some guitar players here as well. Alright I'm just starting a new band, a hardcore band, I was asked to play bass. Anywho my guitar player just upgraded from a Line-6 Flextone II 2x12 combo amp to a B-52 4x12 cab and a Peavey 5150 II head, he loves the tone, but he keeps getting horrible feed back with he isn't playing. How do you get rid of it? He can even be playing in a different room and it feeds back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    peace
    -Ben

2. jazzcatb17

jazzcatb17

Dec 27, 2002
    Louisville, Ky
    5150's have gross amounts of gain, if he's taking full advantage of that, and I suspect he is, it's gonna feedback constantly. Just have him cut his gain a little.

3. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I haven't gotten to futz around with it yet, I'm sure that it can be fixed, he's just very stubborn to say the least. And with the addition of this new head, I have to upgrade as well. Thanks I will give that a try tomorrow. Hopefully he doesn't give me some jazz about it doesn't sound as good otherwise.
    thanks
    peace
    -Ben

4. 5150 tip:
    less gain=more crunch, less feedback. fool with it. it's very possible.

5. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    He plays an Ibanez, and a Kramer neck-thru. He's basically a metal head convert to hardcore myself a punk uprising and follower to hardcore. Right now he's not running any pedals, just straight to the head. I will play with it, as I said he is a more is more kinda guy, and somehow believes himself that something is better because there is more of it, regaurdless of truth. I will play with the gain though, and take your suggestions. How much do you think the waxing and shielding of the cavitities cost?
    thank you for all of your input.
    peace
    -Ben