Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for Gundam/anime fans

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Dec 25, 2002.

1. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Every once in a while, when I'm up on a week night, I'll catch G Gundam Fighter. I'm just wondering if someone could tell me what the !#%# is going on.

Okay, I've watched and know everything about the UC Gundam. All about the Federal's fighting Zeon, the science behind the mobile suits, the story ect. Then I watch G Gundam and I'm totally lost. Apprently there's no Federation and no Zeon anymore. The suits are no longer controled like tanks, but they mimic the pilots actual, physical movements, there's magic spells, there's the Devil Gundam that reproduces and evolves. I'm not saying I dislike the series, I actually think it's pretty neat, but I just think I would enjoy it a little more if I was brought up to speed on what's happening. Is this after the 1 year war? Is AC even related to Gundam in UC. I've looked for a continuous storyline to help me out on the web, but haven't found anything.

p.s. I wrote a thread about a sci-fi anime, I fee like a nerd. :p ;)

2. I always thought it to be just a different series altogether, since the Gundam's are so much different. The Master Gundam is probably the coolest looking one ever though, that thing is badass.

3. WildBill

WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Massachusettes
    G gundam is about how now instead of wars they have competitions at a tournament. What happens is the best fighter from each colony gets to enter the tournament. If they win the tournament they are the supreme colony and have power until the next tournament.
    Thats what I think Ive only seen about 20 episodes.

4. I'm not a big fan of G Gundam, but Gundam Wing kicks. The final episode of season 1 where Heero slices through zechs has to be one of the coolest anime moments ever. Plus, you gotta love Heero's persona.

I'd say Wing Zero (from the gundam wing series) is much cooler :p

5. Surely you do not mean that Wing Zero is more badass than this mofo:

And besides, Epyon and Deathscythe Hell is wayyyyy cooler than that lame Wing Zero. :D

6. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Yea, G Gundam sucks. They show Gundam 0083 on Saturday nights, that series rules! I wish they would show it more often, because it progresses at a snail's pace with only one episode a week.