Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for John...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LowF#, Apr 4, 2002.

1. LowF#

LowF# Guest

Apr 2, 2002
    Midwest USA
    John, could you give us a little insight into what your new record is gonna be like? As far as when it's coming out, as well as what basses your using on which tracks. I can't wait to hear the 7 and 8 string fretless on there. Thanks!:D

2. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    We still have some vocal tracks to clean up, due to Franco's trip to Brazil. We may add another song called TWIRL that has a bass solo track called WHIRL as an intro preceding it.

I used the Thumb-5 on all the tracks. I may re-do SOFTER NOW with a Yamaha fretless that I have one hold if it comes through in time. The song is more piano-based and owuld really suit the tone.

I don't have a 7 or 8 string. As you know, Jaco only needed 5.

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :D

lol. wannabe. :D

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, we're researching mixing engineers right now, and have been for the past few weeks. we are trying to contact a few pretty big names, got in touch with the manager to a pretty big and well known mixing engineer that we might actually be able to afford, going to send him some rough mixes of a few songs to see what he thinks.

i don't remember what basses i used :D :rolleyes: (actually, pm me if you wanna know)

thanks for being interested :)

5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Who...Jaco?;)

6. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    He's that guy who plays with Ben Harper. Didn't you read that post?:D