Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for Man U fans.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I've been a Manchester United follower for years, and I've got a question for my European friends. What in the hell is wrong with Rooney?! When is he going to grow up?! The other day he took a VERY stupid 2nd yellow, and got kicked out. He's very talented, but jeez, I'm beginning to think that he's not worth the trouble! :mad:

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    That's nothing. Remember Eric Cantona?

3. Simple. He's 19 years old and not mature enough to control his temper.

Jeff

4. Now EC really had a temper!

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    He's 19 years old, what do you expect?!

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I suppose. If he keeps at it, we'll have the 2nd coming of EC!

7. I think that Cantona was more volatile than Rooney will ever be. Wayne just can't control how he reacts to calls against him at times. Cantona would clock you if given the chance.

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I recall Eric not handling calls so well, and then he got to the "clocking point". I'm hoping Rooney don't get there, because he's very talented. He reminds me of Rasheed Wallace.

9. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    He's brillinat but he is 19 only.And people would keep winding him up.I'm sure it will pass.But if he does grow up fully the passion may go out of his football.It's all the on package like

10. I agree. He's got talent. Hopefully he will grow up a bit.

11. Sturge

Sturge

Sep 10, 2005
    Liverpool, England
    ... and I thought you were cool, Woodchuck. :rolleyes: :D

Rooney does need to learn how to control his temper, and I think Fergie is the right man to calm him down - Cantona never got in any more trouble after the whole kung-fu thing, and he got rid of the petulance that was marring Beckham's game. All Rooney really needs to do is cut out the silly arguments with referees and he's sorted.

12. pil

pil

Feb 17, 2005
    Pimlico, UK
    Well....he's STUPID! STUPID people fight and swear because they have neither the wit or brains to think any other solution...like hacking the player down when the ref aint looking ;)

STUPID people also pay to have sex with 60 year old women...but hey thats HIS private life...

Now...COME ON THE ARSENAL!

13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Respect Man U, dammit!!!! :D

14. Sorry can't do that. :smug: How about West Ham? They are looking pretty good this year....I'm being totally serious BTW.

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Actually they are.

16. Sturge

Sturge

Sep 10, 2005
    Liverpool, England
    Better than Blackburn anyway... what's going on when you're playing 4-5-1 at home to the second bottom team in the league? :mad:

17. Being 19 isn't an excuse. Freddy Adu has been in the MLS since he was 14 and hasn't had that kind of problems. Yes, I realize the MLS is very different from EPL in terms of talent and popularity, but they're not that far off in terms of temper.

Same goes for LeBron James, if you want to crossover to a different sport. He was 18 when he joined the NBA.

oh, and go Arsenal :cool:

18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I don't care who you cheer for, as long as it's not Chelsea! :bag:

19. Well, being young certainly contributes to the situation IMO. Rooney is very intense and his immaturity can get the best of him at times. True Freddy Adu hasn't had any problems but then again the MLS isn't the EPL and Adu isn't the player that Rooney is, period. When I went to see the Revs vs. DC United game last month everyone in the seats around me were gabbing it up about him. All "Where's Freddy?" Blah, Blah, Blah. He played less than 5 minutes and I really wasn't impressed at all. IMO he is more of marketing tool for Nike to push product than an impact player. Maybe as he gets older he'll prove me wrong.

Jeff

20. I am a Chelsea fan but I'm really enjoying watching teams like West Ham, Charlton and Manchester City etc. play it out. Lot's of great football without the huge salaries and egos.