Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for Michael

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by DaveBeny, Feb 14, 2005.

1. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Michael,

I've noticed on Dominique di Piazza's website that you are going to be playing with an all-bass trio of yourself, Dominique and Yves Carbonne in Paris from the 19th-25th of this month.

I was wondering whether there are any plans for this trio to record?

Will these performances have a repertoire or will they consist of free improv?

Regards,

David

2. hey David,

I'm not Michael but I'll tell you that the trio did record (at least that was the plan) and they hope to release the music comparatively quickly!

from the lows,

Stew

3. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Thanks for the reply Stew. Since my original post I have spoken with Dominique and he will drop me a line when he knows more about a release.

4. yeah, I'm hoping to hear from Michael and Yves soon...

from the lows,

Stew

5. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Hi guys,

Thanks for your interest in this project. It was a lot of fun. We each wrote a few pieces and played solos, duets and trios, but didn't end up doing any non-original music. I've heard the mixes and they're sounding pretty good so I think the record will be available soon. However, given the troubles I've had in predicting a release date for my solo CD, I better not hazard a guess for when this one might be out!