Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

question for Mr. Schroeder

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CrackBass, Dec 28, 2004.

1. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    i've had my 21012 for a few months now, and i'm lovin it. this morning at the shop i couldn't resist trying something. i plugged it in to my buddie's guitar head and played it for a minute or two. i didn't push it or anything but i did notice that it sounded pretty damn good. my question is. since i play guitar also, have you ever had anyone use your cabs for guitar, and could i damage the cab (specificly the tweeter and crossover) but using it as a guitar cab.(high gain distortion and such)? i was careful and didn't push the cab too hard when i tried it, but i would love to hear what it would sound like cranked up. however i will never do it again if there is a chance i could blow something cause that cab is my holy grail for bass. i just love the idea that it could satisfy my guitar needs as well.

btw for all you out there that go both ways(guitar and bass) i was using a randall pro tube 100 watter with a metalzone and a voodoo labs analog chorus (amazing pedal) the schroeder sounded like it would excell at metalish and clean sounds. (never tried my overdrive pedal though) very tight and controlled with lots of clarity. didn't eq it at all just left the settings like my buddy keeps them, but it sounded a little scooped with guitar. not bad though. i just couldn't resist bustin' out a little cowboys from hell and old metallica riffs that i haven't played in years.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    before I sold it, I played my Sunn Sceptre thru my 1210 ... bass and guitar.

Sounded Killer... semi clean strat toned, no effects but my lack of technique :p

I sold the Sunn to get something more gig worthy and for something with an input pad to deal with my active basses.

3. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    i'll see your lack of technique, and raise you very rusty since i don't fiddle with my guitar much any more. well i guess i've learned something in my 16 years of playing guitar. hell i used to be pretty damn good, at least i can still muddle through the cliffs of dover sorta. well it's just amazing how your chops go to pot when you start playing bass and stop playing guitar so much. anyway, thanks for the response just waitin' to hear from the man to see if it's ok to chunk it up on the schroeder. hell if it is i bet your new peavey would kill for guitar. i actually almost bought one of those a couple years back but it had something wrong with it and it kept blowing fuses. it sounded awesome for about 30 seconds though.

4. Fact is that my guitarist plays through a Schroeder 1010 and he loves it (we play mainly rock/blues).

He's been using it for ~6 months now and the cab works just perfect. :D

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

Wow....did we really need another good reason to buy a Schroeder cab??? :D

-Mike

6. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    thanks jorg. so the tweeter can take it? cool.

btw what does he push the 1010 with?