1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question for Music Teachers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by scorpionldr, Apr 21, 2009.

1. I'm taking the Praxis 2 Music Analysis and Concepts test this saturday. I did ok on the multiple choice portion of the test (even though with all my studying so far I've only gotten a chance to take it once) and I've been reviewing all good information about the test. But I'm really interested to see if the test is that difficult from anyone who has a history in Music Education who has taken the test. I may have graduated college with a standard degree in music, however I am looking to try and get in through alternative route. However if that doesnt' work out, I have a job now that'll totally support me.

2. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    ... what the heck is a Praxis?

3. It's a qualifying content knowledge test for educators that is typically taken by students prior to beginning practicum/student teaching semesters. You want to be a special education major, you take a praxis test dedicated to all sorts of questions about autism and special needs and accomodations and this and that. so basically it's a ton of questions about music theory and theory of teaching music that i have to answer.