Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for single 4x10 cab users...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by secretdonkey, Jan 10, 2003.

1. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    For the moment I've got a single Goliath III cab. I'll add another to my rig in a month or two, but the one should be plenty adequate for now. It is freaking me out just a bit to have all of my speakers so close to the ground. I'm used to having some speakers, especially a tweeter, closer to ear-level.

I've seen guys tilt a 4x10 slightly upwards, place it on a drum riser (not always an option for me), etc. I know that raising it will de-couple it from the floor and may take some of the depth out - what do you guys with single/smaller cab rigs do to address this - if anything?

2. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    That's why I love my GK RBH 4-10.You can tilt it back and still have contact with the floor.If your gonna stick with your Goliath III you can put it on a milk crate.I've seen a few guys do this with the Goliath cabs and it seems to work pretty well.

3. jonnyboy

jonnyboy

Jan 10, 2003
    Essex, UK
    I use 2 Goliath's one on top of the other. I carry a collapsable stand which is about 300mm high, it has 4 sides with no top or bottom. There are four hinges joining the 4 sides so it just fold up and takes very little space. I stand the two cabs on this. This helps control the bass frequencies better especially on a hollow stage. Sometimes i put the little stand in between the two cabs so as to keep one cab at ear level. Trust me im a bass player !

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    This is what monitors were made for ;)

5. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the constructive input. I'm thinking I should have put this up as a poll and worded it differently to get the kind of responses (votes) I'm looking for, so perhaps we can take discussion over to the poll I'm about to post and let this thread wither into obscurity ;)