Question for Spector Rebop owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scotius2001, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Hey all you Reboppers. I just picked up a 5string and notice it likes to neck dive when standing with a strap. Anyone else experience this? Anyone try moving the strap peg at the end of the body with good results? If so, where did you move it to? I'd like to try that but don't want to mar the body if it's not gonna do any good. Thanks in advance for your insights...
  2. Not that that changes anything- but mine also wants to dive a bit. I use a leather strap that is suede-like on the back side & does not allow the bass to slide around. That tends to put more weight on my left shoulder, but the bass is fairly light.
  3. Bumping in hopes more chime in...
  4. Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    I don't have a rebop, but in regards to the strap button, move it up higher an inch or so at the end of the bass. This should take care of any neck dive.

FWIW, I have a Legend 4 and it dives just a bit. It usually falls to almost level. I like a bit of angle when I'm playing, but it's not enough for me to justify drilling just yet.
  5. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Yeah some neckdive. Same at that other guy. Leather strap, doesn't move.. And it is SUPER light.. So no problems.