Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for Spector Rebop owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scotius2001, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Fellow Reboppers,

I recently acquired one with the Tone Pump preamp and am finding it to be a bit thin sounding and lacking midrange warmth. For those who have done mods to theirs, would I realize more from changing the preamp to either an Aggie or the EMG BQS or from switching out the pups to EMG DCs? I'm thinking I'll eventually do both but wondering what would have the biggest effect on it's own. Thanks in advance...

2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I'd put the BQC in first. I have it in all of my Spectors and I love it. The mid sweep is nice to have. Also, I had one of my NS2000/4 set up with a CS in the Neck and DC in the Bridge and it sounded so good, I wish I never got rid of it.

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    +1 for the BQC...but I like the CS at the bridge and the DC at the neck myself...didn't care for the harsh high end with the DC at the bridge...