Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for Tascam CD-BT1 users

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by thrasher717, May 17, 2004.

1. thrasher717

thrasher717

Jan 17, 2003
    North Dakota
    Mine won't play CD-Rs I've made with my PC. Anyone else have this problem?

2. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    No problems at all once they are finalized. CD-R's are about 95% of what I practice with. The CD-BT1 will not play unfinalized CD-R's. Not sure if that's your particular problem or not though.

3. thrasher717

thrasher717

Jan 17, 2003
    North Dakota
    No, that's not the problem. I'm using finalized CD-Rs. When I first tried it, it worked fine. But after a few minutes it acted like it couldn't read the CD. Regular CDs work fine and the CD-Rs I've tried work fine in other players. Maybe it's a defective unit.

4. thrasher717

thrasher717

Jan 17, 2003
    North Dakota
    Bump

5. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Mine works fine with CD-Rs. I would suggest slowing down the burning speed to get a more accurate burn or try a different brand of disks. i use the black CD-Rs from Memorex and they work in everything i own exceptionally well, but they dont work some of my friends equipment.

6. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I thought I was the only one with that problem.

About a minute or so into a song it turns itself off then it won't read the cd at all. When it was new it worked great.

Mine eats batteries like a mofo too.

7. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I haven't had any probs reading CDr's yet and I bought the power supply to curb the battery eating..

8. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Mine is a battery eater too. I blamed the CDR issue on the batteries. i dont use it much. Ill try again and get back to you.

9. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    No problems here.

If it's not a power problem, take it in for warranty repair or replacement.

10. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    you have to burn audio cds at a low speed... 1-4x MAX!.. Any higher than that you will have problems... and nasty digital compression, and noticable audio fidelity loss...

Alex

11. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    No problem playing CD-R's here, but as others have posted I burn at 4X. It's not like I have better ways to spend my time. ;)

12. thrasher717

thrasher717

Jan 17, 2003
    North Dakota
    It appears that my problem is the brand of CD-R I'm using. Imation discs don't work; TDKs do. So, there you go.

BTW, I tried burning the Imation CDs at 4X -- still wouldn't work.