Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for Tech 21 Landmark 60 owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DakotaBass, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Hi all,
    I have been considring a Landmark 60 to use as a practice amp and small gigs, but for bigger shows running the XLR out into a power amp.
    Is the XLR out hot enough to drive a power amp directly?
    Thanks for any help.

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    Have you heard the LM60? do you like the sound? I don't know if the volume knob varies the XLR output.

3. PeppermanL2K

PeppermanL2K ...and on the 8th day, God created the Habanero.

Feb 3, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    According to Tech21, that's precisely what it can be used for. The XLR is designed to be able to go directly to a PA, studio board or, as in this link, to a Tech21 Power Engine 60, which is nothing more than a power amp and a speaker. Now, I never tried it when I had mine, so YMMV and, yes, try before you buy. But it looks to me like that's a definite use! :D

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I do have a LM60 (first model), and I have tried it. Yep, works fine! I was driving my old Carvin power amp.

It's a great way to get an all-in-one monitor and DI.

5. Seems I recall some issues with the Sansamp Bass Driver DI not having enough output signal to drive a power amp, but the RBI does and I was wondering which of these the Landmark output is like.
    I haven't had a chance to try one yet, no dealers anywhere close. FWIW, the sound clips on the Tech 21 site are not bad.
    I believe the PowerEngine input sensitivity is variable and can be more sensitive than a typical power amp. They list the nominal input level at -20 dbu to +4 dbu, and the nominal output of the Landmark XLR at -20 dbu. Sounds kind of low for driving a typical power amp, but maybe not.
    I couldn't find a manual for the Landmark amp on Tech 21's website. Anyone know if this is available online?