Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for the Rick players...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Acacia, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I am a Fender Jazz player. Got 3 of them at the moment 2 MIA Standards and a MIA 75 Reissue. I'm thinking of dumping the 75 off and picking up a Rick.

Not knowing that much about them, how do they do bottom end wise. I know Lemmy (one of my faves) always uses him but he's not a good one to judge their sound by. I never cared for Geddy's tone either.

One local dealer has one in stock and I guess I should just take my rig down there and plug in, eh?

Any comments appreciated.

2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i traded my mia jazz away for a ric..and i love it...but i do miss my jazz..so im lookin at smashes '74...yum
    take your rig down there and try it...

steve

3. Try it, I know I like em. Bring your rig if you can.

4. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    are you serious? these things have so much low end. its insane. even the G has alot of booty! it sounds unreal man, its like theres a low, bassy side, then a nice mid/high freq. twang to it, its really nice. i added a 15 because of the Rick, and it is insane!

5. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    I'd keep the 75 JB, drop one of the MIA standard's (and even both), and take a RIC.

6. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I loathe the 75 reissue, though. Weak in the tone dept, although the neck is awesome. i put a badassII on it and it didn't help that much. Reminds me too much of the Geddy Lee that I had.

I love my syandards! :D

7. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Oh ya know that was just a very personal opinion. I do prefer JB 75 reissues over any standard one, that's why I suggested that.

;)

8. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    10-4, man.