1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question for Warwick Corvette $$ Owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by scowboy, Sep 29, 2009.

1. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Sacramento area
    I have a Nirvana Black Corvette $$ 5'er that has been my #1 for the last year or so. Typically I play it with the bridge p/u switch in the down position (humbucker parallel) and the neck p/u in the middle position (single coil).

I have made some major amp changes in the last four weeks having gotten rid of my Warwick X-treme 10.1 in favor of three different set ups. With at least my Demeter/Pwr amp rig and my SWR SM500 I am getting lots more p/u buzz than I remember. If I put both pickups in humbucker mode it goes away though. I have changed out cables, lifted grounds, shielded every cavity in my instrument and it still seems pretty loud in close proximately to my amp(s). If I move around in my practice space it goes away in certain positions. I know if you are right by the amp some buzz is to be expected but I am trying to figure out if my bass has a problem or what I should try. Any suggestions or war stories would be appreciated.

2. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Sacramento area
    mornin'

3. Sitting in front of my monitor with pickups selected as you stated, I don't hear anything out of a Yorkville XM200. Usually the best way to get hum if there is any to be found IMO.

btw..
    I tend to have the pickups in opposite configuration as you, but i think this sounds a little better. Thanks ;)