Question for WT-400 users.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jiant., Jul 1, 2005.

1. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Today when I was playing my bass the fan in the WT kicked on. It only does this when it reaches a certain temperature. If it's doing this when I'm just playing at home, should I be worried about it shutting itself down(the next step it takes to cool itself down) during a gig? Has this ever happened to anyone. This worries me because there is only one venue that my band plays that we need PA support, so I would be crap out of luck until she cools down if this happens at a gig. Thanks and God Bless. -Brad
  2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I cant answer your question. However, I do suggest you pick up a used di such as a sabddi. Just keep it in your gig bag and if something horrible happens with your amp use the di as an emergency back-up. It might cost a few dollars, but IMHO its worth the peace of mind. Buddha Bless - Torin
  3. If you look on the eden site the DI output will remain active even if the amp shuts down! :)
  4. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I just sold an old original WT 300 that was my main amp for years, Great amp. To answer your question the fans turn on regularly on most fan cooled amplifiers and provided there is adequate ventilation for the fan (be careful with some rack cases) the fan will prevent your amp from shutting down. You shouldn't have any problems. You might call an Eden tech though, I believe there is an upgrade available with a quieter. better fan. Hope that helps, you've got a GREAT and very professional amp, mine gave me over 12 years of trouble free service.
  5. Gomez

Gomez Live from the Shire

Apr 15, 2005
    It will only shut down when you're really pushing it (you'll know when you're doing it).

On my 550 the fan comes on a lot. I think it's normal and it's not anything to worry about. It can handle it.
  6. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Ok, great. The fan noise doesn't bother me, it's just all the amps that I've owned before had the fan running all the time. Thanks for the info and God Bless. -Brad
  7. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    my 400's fan turned on quite regularly. i belive it's set to kick on at 50 celsius or so. I never had it shut down, and used to run it very hard and in some pretty hot outdoor situations.