Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for you DC'ers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Indi86, Aug 25, 2005.

1. I just moved in at American University here, and I want to know if there is a way to get to the Seven Corners Mall via metro/public transit. I really want to get to the GC there but have no car.

2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    As best I can recall, there's no metro stop near there. There are buses that run all over the area though, so check out that scene. For reference, I find that the GC in Fairfax is a lot better than the one at Seven Corners.

3. Awesome, but do the same rules apply this way?

4. Hollow Man

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    By same rules, do you mean the public transit stuff? I don't know about buses, but I'm pretty sure there are no metro stops anywhere near it. I live closer to the Seven Corners GC, so I know more about that one.

5. I think I can help here. There's no mall in 7 corners, but there is a GC and it's very close to the East Falls Church Metro station on the Orange line. It's not right there, but it's definitely walkable. There are probably bus stops closer.

[​IMG]

If you're not familiar with the area, you can now probably tell why they call it 7 corners. :p

6. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
  7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

DC is a cool town enjoy.

8. Another reminder of why you guys are so awesome! I really just needed some speakon connectors, but now I'm gonna have a lot of fun exploring the city. Rock on. Oh, and Chuck Levin's store looks AMAZING from the website...

9. Chuck Levin's rocks, it's where I bought my bass and preamp. Some of the guys who work there are kinda sleazy though.

10. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Warning: Do not go to chuck levins with GAS of any kind!!!!!

11. Hollow Man

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Chuck Levin's is easily the best music store I've found in the area. Definitely check it out... it's quite close to a metro from what I understand.

12. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    yeah, definitely go to Chucks. leave your wallet at home though. :)

13. Well, I went to Chuck's today, and accidentally brought my wallet. What a mistake!! That place is utterly amazing. Their stock of Alembics, Ken Smiths, Warwicks and Moduluses (Moduli?) is out of this world! I ended up getting suckered into ordering an EH Bass Micro Synth for a very, very nice price.

The staff was extremely knowledgable (save for one guy in accessories) and more than willing to help someone with that deer-in-your-headlights look in their eyes. Needless to say, I'll be going back many a time.

Thanks TB!