Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for you.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoeyZ, May 14, 2005.

1. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    I have a roadstar II but i want a little more info on it...do any of you know of a place i can type in the serial number and find out specifics on my bass?

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    What are the first two digits of the serial number? What style of Roadstar 2 is it. The more info you provide, the quicker it can be identified and then you can get more info on the net.

3. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    well, the first two digits are 84 infact the whole serial number is h844683 it was also made in japan....all I know about it is what it says on the headstock and thats "Ibanez" Roadstar II Series

4. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    The first two digits (84) are the year the bass was built. Does it look like any of these on the right??

5. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    no....[​IMG]
    The headstock looks like this

except its a four string and it's red.........

6. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    no....although thats the closest i've seen......i'll give you the most detailed description i can.........

My Ibanez roadstarII series is red with black trim around the body of the guitar..The neck and headstock are red...It's 24 frets, It has volume tone and pickup selector pots... The bridge pickup instead of the usual 8 dots has two rounded rectangles and as for the pickup in the middle of the body, it is a split coil but both are under a single cap making it look as if it is a soapbar....it has four tuning keys 2 right 2 left all chrome polished.....anything else that would narrow it down a bit?

7. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Think I found it:

8. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    If you use this link you can browse the 83-84 Ibanez catalogues. It is pretty cool to see the specs on your bass. :bassist:

9. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
  10. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    thats much closer than the first one...and i appreciate you helping me but thats not it....this is crazy...is my bass the rarest bass ever? Seems like it is you know?

I wish i had a digital camera...

11. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    does the fact that the bass is japanese make any difference?

12. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    [​IMG]

thats it!!!! it's the red one!!!

13. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Roadstar 2 basses have a pretty good reputation around here. Congrats on your purchase!