Question from an EUB player.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by BMGecko, Sep 5, 2002.

1. BMGecko

Sep 5, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Perhaps this is an inappropriate posting, but I was wondering if there are any EUB players out there that use effects. Perhaps this should have been posted to the amps/pickups page, but I wasn't sure...

What I'm really wondering is what sort of effects you might use, good/bad experiences and such. I'm looking mainly for flange, chorus, reverb, and *maybe* something as kooky as an envelope follower.

Hopefully this was posted to the right place, and if not, my apologies in advance. Thanks to all in advance and may God bless!
  2. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
  3. check this:

their bass player Dan Berglund uses a lot of strange stuff. He plays acoustic DB though, not an EUB, but it´s al wired up.
    Last night I was in their concert in Helsinki, the gig
    was really good, even though that kind of messin´around with all of that effects stuff is not exactly to my personal taste. About half of the time he stays on traditional bass sound, fortunately.

It was funny though to see and listen, for example he played a nice solo with a wah-wah pedal, and one arco solo with speed metal quitarist could have sounded better....well he´s a helluva player anyway, and so are the others in the band, too. The trio includes one of the most musically thinking drummers I´ve ever heard. Check yourself.