Question On a Peavy Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PANICYEW, Mar 1, 2005.

Feb 24, 2005
    im not really sure if the amp has a name (haha) but it is a large peavy cabinet with a huge 18 inch speaker on the bottom with two ten inch speakers on the top. here is a picture.[​IMG] the guy who i am buying it from says he will let me have it for 200. The cab is rated at 300-400 watts and is 10 years old but has been sitting in storage, what do you guys think ?
  2. Go for it.

BUT only if you have a strong back. Peavy gear generally is notoriously heavy and that cab in particular will be a monstrous weight IMHO.

for the price though, Peavey has always been pretty bomb proof so, if the drivers are OK and your drummer will carry it for you ( ;) ;) ) it all sounds good to me. :)
  3. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    looks like a 15" (not a 18") and 2x10". Noce rig! I had the Mark III head and it absolutely rocked. This looks like the Mark VII head (am I right?). If so, lovely combination!!!! By the way, BW stands for Black Widow so nice loud and reliable speakers too (abviously if they are in good condition). Both for 200? That's almost a gift! I'd say check out its condition and go for it!

4. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    If it's an 18", it's either an '1810' or an '1820' for the later models. They had a suggested retail of about $450 I think. Nice cab; either biamp or full range, but they weigh 140# or so. $200 is a steal.
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Tony Franklin sounded great playing through them during the late 80s early 90s with Blue Murder

Storage... I'd make sure nothing has 'moved in' to the cabinet but the price seems ok.
  6. mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    I had a 1820 (18 and 2-10s) about 12 years ago and liked it. Used it biamp and it worked well. Not as heavy as an 810 but it's no feather. It's built like a tank, definitely worth it, BUY IT NOW.
  7. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

If it's a 15, then it has 2x8, and it's called the 1516. If it's an 18, then its 2x10 and called the 1820.

At one point, I used a Mark IV, an 1820, and the Powered 210 that plugged into the Hi Crossover out jack of the Mark IV. Patched the Lo Out back into the Mark IV, and used the full power of the head driving the 18" woofer. Sounded killer, if you liked the Peavey SS sound. Loud as h*ll. Heavy as it too.

The 1820 was big and bulky and weighed about 100 lbs, IIRC. Still, for the money that ought to be a decent rig.

FWIW, I still use a Mark VIII head as my backup and rental rig.