question on a setup

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by z4knerd, Mar 4, 2005.

1. z4knerd

Jul 1, 2004
  2. z4knerd

Jul 1, 2004
    care to elaborate? im kind of new to this whole getting a bass rig thing ...
  3. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Behringer is not well liked here due to business ethics violations. If you did go w/ that head, you would want a 4 ohm cab (or two 8 ohm cabs) to get it to run at maximum power.

If you are just getting into gig level rigs on a budget, I suggest a used Peavey, Traynor, Sunn, or Kustom head. Used cabs can also be a good deal, if you want a new cab has a very good reputation.
  4. darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    You can get the Behringer head, I played through one a few times and didn't see much of a problem with it. I would invest in a better cab, however. I think an Avatar 2x12 would be your best bet. ( It might be a little above your budget, but you'll thank yourself later.
  5. mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    That setup is fine for a rock setting but if you can, try to add the ba210 also. That will drop you to 4ohms and pull the max power from that head. I have that head with a hartke 210xl and 115xl and it works great. I have read good things about the Behringer speakers from people who have tested them. Make sure the advice you pay attention to is factual and the experiences quoted are first hand. Good luck.
  6. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    For a small to medium (depending on volume) blues or rock gig? You bet!

I typically gig with a 115 in my blues band.

You can always add another cab for more cone surface and power later but I would consider an Avatar 212 like another poster suggested. That way you have a cab that can handle some real power for later when you get a bigger head. And you will get a bigger head later...GAS touches everyone! I keep gassing for one (Avatar 212) but just haven't taken the plunge yet.