Question on BBE Maximiser

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by odie, Jan 4, 2002.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

First off not sure if this should be in Effects or not, so sorry mods if its missplaced!!

Heres my question: Ive been thinking about getting a BBE for my setup. Ive thought about a rack unit but they are more than I can justify to spen on something I maynot like. Well Musicians Friend has the 264 Sonic Maximizer on special for $39, but its just alittle box you set on something. Is it junk?? Or should I think more about the rack?

Help me out!! And Happy New Year its my first post in 2002!
  2. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    If you dig around, you can get at 482 (rackmount version) for around 120$, that's what I got mine for... And as htag previously states, get to a store and try one out for yourself and decide... But contrary to what htag says, it may be the closest to a magic black box. I just seems to clean up things in the nicest way... I really love mine and wouldn't be without mine....

3. I like mine too, however I do not turn it all the way anymore. Kinda got tired of it but it really improves your sound. look around they are pretty easy to find used.
  4. Scok

Apr 20, 2000
    I found it to be one the most hated fx by the engineers around town (Vancouver). People tend to overuse it any everything starts to sound the same. Like having a gigantic bass and treble knob.

5. bought a 422A used for $50. put it in my bass rack. hated it.

put it in my PA between final mix and power amp, set the lo contour at 12:30 and the definition at 12:00... love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Nope, your ok.