Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

question on fleas effects.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rhcp17, Apr 18, 2002.

1. rhcp17

rhcp17

Oct 1, 2001
    pennsylvania usa
    What effect does flea use on the song "Subterranian Homesick Blues" the bob dylan cover. Im not sure but it sounds the same as the one he uses in Sir physco sexy. I think he talks about in his video too, but can anyone tell me the name of it, its not much help but its kinda funky sounding. Thanks a lot

2. Hey, this has been discussed before, but I'm not going to bitch about it. For Sir Psyco Sexy I heard he used some kind of old 70's funk box... I don't know what they meant when they said that, it sounds like an envelope filter of sorts. And I was listening Subterranian Homesick Blues the other day and it actually sounds kind of like the bass is clean and the guitar has an auto wah and is doubling the bass, because there is a point where the bass is doing something different and there is a second guitar doing something with that same kind of effect. If not, it's probably that pedal fleas got in the instructional video. He's got a DOD envelope filter, well at least he did I don't know what he's got now, but I hear that DODs suck. To sum it all up, you want an envelope filter... then again, so do I........ sigh, I need a job.

3. rhcp17

rhcp17

Oct 1, 2001
    pennsylvania usa
    i probably should searched for that before posting, i realized that afterwards, my bad. im kind still getting use to all this, but, thanks a lot i apprechiate it