Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question on Glaub Tone

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hofbrauhaus, May 1, 2005.

1. Hofbrauhaus

Hofbrauhaus

Feb 10, 2002
    Upton, MA
    Hey everyone, I've decided the next bass I'm going to pickup is a nice p-bass to compliment my SR5 now that I've sold my Warwick. I really love the p-bass tone on the Grease album, as well as the tone Robert Bell gets on his 80s hits with Kool and the Gang. If I get a Lakland Bob Glaub p-bass should it be able to nail these tones fairly well? It would be the skyline version which has the ash body (and I'm undecided between a maple or rosewood fingerboard). If I really need an alder bodied p-bass to get these sounds then I will still use the Fralin pickup found in the Glaub but build a p-bass from Warmoth parts using an alder body instead. I just wanted opinions from those of you more knowledgable than I am if you think I would be more happy with the tone from an alder bodied p-bass made with the Warmoth parts or the ash bodied Glaub Skyline, or if the differences would be negligible which in that case the Glaub would be the better deal. Thanks!