1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

question on Music Mans

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by casio, Feb 29, 2008.

1. casio

casio

Aug 1, 2007
    Croatia
    hey guys!
    I just wanted to see, other than body shape and neck type, what are the differences between a stingray and a sterling soundwise?
    I mean, I like the sterling feel, and am not a fan of the stingray honestly for some reason, I played a HJ sterling and a 'ray with just one humbucker, but months apart and I didnt manage to A-B them so I wanted to see your views!

2. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Can't really go wrong with either model.
    I always felt the Stingray had a little more bottom than the Sterling. The Sterling H/S, however is a very versatile bass. Lots of tones and a nice slim neck.

3. They sound different. They use different pickups (ones Alnico the other is Cermanic), I think the preamps might be different too.

Which ever you are looking at, i'd say go for either the HH or HS model, the extra tonal options are great :)

4. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    A friend of mine just got a Sterling a few months back. It has to have one of the nicest necks I've ever played.