1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question on Semi Hollow Rickenbacker

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by monfoodoo, Apr 20, 2006.

1. monfoodoo

monfoodoo

Apr 20, 2006
    Hello. Just signed up as a member.I actually found this site by accident.I now do 3d graphics as opposed to playing bass for 30 years.i'm modeling a late 60's tele (still have it) and it got me remembering a rare bass i had about 20 ago.
    It was a semi hollow body rickenbacker,black with F hole,setup was pretty much like the 6 string bodies.And the sound,man that thing growled.Went into a small music store near Baltimore city,a lot of used equipment,and it was hanging on the wall.I don't remember what i paid for it,but i came back the next day with the cash.
    Does anybody have information on that model and what its value would be today?
    I'm sad to say that at the end of a job(80's) it was knocked off my amp and dove head first off the stage.A cracked neck was the outcome.OUCH.Even after a repair it was never to reliable.So like a fool i was,i sold it.
    Never seen another.(scott)

2. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Sounds like the 4005 model.

[​IMG]

They go for big bucks these days. I've seen them in the range of $3000-4000, or more.

3. haxality

haxality

Feb 14, 2006
    It pains me to imagine a ric, much less a 2005, with a split neck. Oh, ouch.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Cool basses. :bassist:

5. The last couple on eBay went between $4,000 - $5,500...

Here's mine, from Dec. '66...

Attached Files:

6. throw_this_away

throw_this_away

Mar 30, 2006
    I was never a fan of the looks (I love 4001's and 4003's), John Hall (owner of Ric) said the same thing... hahaha

Actually, I take it back... the two posted here are growing on me.

7. monfoodoo

monfoodoo

Apr 20, 2006
    Ouch is right.I bought that at Petros music store,Md. for 250$Now i see what it's worth i'm really sick.i also had two 4001 basses.I beleive i paid around 500 back then for them done in washington.(don't have those either)
    i did manage to hold on to a late 60' telecaster though.
    Thanks for the replies!(scott)