1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question on the Silver-face GK MB212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BigLoopDuke, Feb 7, 2016.

1. BigLoopDuke

BigLoopDuke Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    DSM, IA
    I just ordered a used GK MB212. I have a few questions, for any current users...and I know there is a new version which is why I'm asking...more or less to compare and contrast the new and previous versions.

1. It's 500 watts. I'm assuming the 212 cab is a 4ohm load, right? So, I'll be able to run all 500 watts in the combo?

2. Is there a connect out to the new MBP cabs? I'm assuming that's one of the big differences between the previous version and the new version?

I also run a GK 700RBii w/ a Big Bertha cab. This is to make rehearsal a lot easier and maybe even some gigs. I may run it all together when the time is right (sending out parallel signals from my fly rig).

2. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    1. Yes there is no external speaker jack on that combo.

2. Powered extension cabs showed up with the mb212-ii series.
    Initially GK had an upgrade program. I believe it required original receipt to do.

BigLoopDuke likes this.
  3. The wattage and speaker load is the same.

The Chain-out is not on the first series and the DI connector was flipped around on the II series to make the XLR release more easily accessible.