1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question on wiring my own daisy chain -

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ihateusernames, Jan 2, 2008.

1. ihateusernames

ihateusernames

Jun 26, 2006
    Just clarifying the obvious - daisy chains are wired + to + and - to - all the way from the input jack to the final plug, correct? :oops:

2. Tomass

Tomass

Nov 1, 2005
    Yes, but if your thinking of making your own to save $$ then it wont happen, there generally cheaper to buy. Are you building one? possibly to adapt to other plug types?

3. ihateusernames

ihateusernames

Jun 26, 2006
    I've got some extra wire and shrink tubing laying around - and a mostly full roll of solder. The plugs and jack cost less than purchase price of assembled unit- then no shipping saves a couple of bucks. Mostly I'm just bored lately and feel like making one myself with only the number of plugs I need, at the length I need. So not thinking specifically of saving money, but I'll pay half as much making my own as buying one.

4. Tomass

Tomass

Nov 1, 2005
    Ah righto, we Australians must get ripped off more than i thought :help:
    Well you can only try and see what happens, maybe test with a cheap pedal, altough if its not shorting, the pedal wouldnt power up anyway.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021