1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question on Zon Custom Options

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by unatratnag, Mar 27, 2006.

1. To those who have dealt with Zon, I'm tossing around this idea. My most favoritest bass tone ever was a fretless Zon Sonus ash body. It had lightwave pickups instead of the usual barts.
    I've never spoken with Joe but hear he is quite busy so if you guys know the answers to my questions I figure that'd be great. Anyways, here's a few questions on Zon:

1) What is the turnaround time roughly on a custom ordered Zon?
    2) Is Joe open to still doing the lightwave pickups instead of the typical Barts?
    3) What other special things have been done to the hyperbass from other basses besides the extended fretboard? Is something else done special for the neck to make it more stable? I assume there's more i just can't find that info of what it is.
    4) I read somewhere that he doesn't do the bridge option for changing pitch like on Michael's bass. Is this still true? If it is, the only way to alter the pitch on the hyperbass is thru the tuning peg thingies (hipshot extenders)?

2. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    1. It depends on how custom you get. Took a year for mine, but it was well worth it.

2. Not sure, but Joe is pretty willing to do anything you want, and it's been done before so he knows how. It may cost you though...

3. Manring's Hyperbass hass 4 transducing pickups located in the neck and body. Not sure how much more stable the neck can get... it's already a graphite composite. You planning on running it over with a semi?

4. I believe he will still do the bridge option, but only on the Hyperbass, and of course it costs more.

The best thing to do would be call Zon. They are busy, and it may take a few tries to get a hold of him, but when you do he's extremely helpful and will do everything possible to accomodate your needs.