Question: ORANGE amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RockFiend, Apr 14, 2001.

1. RockFiend

Aug 23, 2000
    I've been lookin at the Sunn 300t, but I've found a n orange head(British company) for around the same price, i was wondering if anyone has any info on their quality as a bass amp or anything about what models to look at etc

i know that as a guitar amp they are superd (noel gallagher and tony iommi use them, as well as jimmy page) i've also seeen brian bell of Weezer use an old Orange bass head ,,, so if anyone can offer feedback that'd be much appreciated
  2. Orange amps rock. If you can afford one, go for it.

FWIW, Oasis no longer use Orange amps, and Tony Iommi has always used Laney amps live.
  3. Are you thinking of Matt Sharp? What's the new ones name, Brian Welsh?
  4. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I´ve tried their AD 200 B. It´s great but excpensive and don´t have line out etc. The quality- it´s handbuilt in their "customshop" with best parts available (Svetlana 6550 as standard), looks verry wellmade. Didn´t try it at high volumes but A/B:ed it to the Sunn 300T. The orange has a better tone but it´s just one tone , the Sunn can do many sounds and have lots of eq outputs and stuff that the orange don´t have. The orange is hardcore-vintage and thats whats cool with it. The Sunn has problems with quality according to some people here on the forum. It´s a close race.

5. RockFiend

Aug 23, 2000
    thnks for the feedback boys,-- and i have to apologize,,,, yes Matt Sharp is obviously the bassist from Weezer, brian bell being the guitarist,,, little slip of the tongue, and i've just read that Tony used Orange in studio, and the Paranoid video has both Tony and Geezer Butler using Orange amps, for playing concerts i'll take your word on the Laney amps, I'm not a huge Black Sab fan,, anyways thats besides the point.
    ,,, the only difficult part with these Orange amps is getting my hands on one to try out,,, i've found a few guitar heads at vintage shops in Toronto, but no bass heads,,,, does anyone know any ways for me to get Orange to send a demo-amp to a local music store or anything else??