1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  


Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Ethon, Jan 16, 2004.

  1. Ethon


    Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    I just bought a very slightly used Corvette Std 4 String, and am having questions about the input. When I take my standard input cable, and place it until it locks inside the input jack, I do not get ANY signal coming out of the bass. But if I pull it out just slightly, It sounds fineĀ…

    My question is:

    Is the input jack messed up? Or do I need to get a TRS/Stereo input/guitar cable?
  2. I have 2 Warwick Thumb Bass Bolt On models and I've had to have the input jacks replaced on BOTH of them. The first one was replaced just 15 days AFTER I purchased the bass and the 2nd bass needed the Jack replaced the day it arrived. Both these basses were purchased BRAND NEW. I've been in contact with Warwick about this PROBLEM thru their "Tech Corner" {DBGTech@danabgoods.com} on their site. I would suggest that you do this and see what Rob Busch [Warwick Tech] suggests other than the obvious thing of replacing the jack. This problem IMHO is NOT a reason not to play a Warwick Bass. In fact, IMHO the 2 Warwick Thumbs I have ARE the BEST SOUNDING BASSES I've ever owned or played, but that's MHO !!
    Coney Island Joe
  3. xyllion

    xyllion Commercial User

    Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Input jacks are easy to replace, but sometimes a little bending of the contacts on the existing jack will fix these problems. I've never owned a Warwick, but I have had basses with bad jacks. My usual first fix is to go inside and bend the contacts just a little bit. It is certainly less effort than replacing the jack.

    If you do replace the jack, get a high quality jack. There is a big difference in durability between the good ones and the bad ones. The cheaper ones tend to be made from a more maliable metal causing them to lose shape sooner. You can feel the difference when you insert a cable. A good jack has a good solid feel when you insert the plug.
  4. xyllion,the jacks on the Warwicks are not the standard type of jack [ie Fender ] They are a flush mount type. When you insert the male end you can not see it [from the inside] like on a Fender. Switchcraft makes them and I was told that there is no UPGRADE for this style. Carvin also uses this style. You can see them in there Catolog. The standard 1/4" Fender tpye is easy to replace but the flush mount tpyes are a little tricky.
  5. Finger Blister

    Finger Blister

    Jul 8, 2003
    My input jack did the same thing.

    I contacted Warwick and they gave me a replacement
    Switchcraft Input Jack for free.

    No problems since.
  6. xyllion

    xyllion Commercial User

    Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Ok, I stand corrected. Didn't realize that Warwick uses a special jack.
  7. HeavyDuty

    HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

    Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Moved to Setup.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.