1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question Re: Mesa 212 Powerhouse

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bass7858, Oct 3, 2009.

1. bass7858

bass7858

Apr 11, 2009
    central florida
    Visited Bass Central today. Tested a 212 Powerhouse speaker. Thought it sounded much larger than it actually is. Any body giggin this cab? What style of music? It was plugged into a Titan V12......Kind of over kill?? What amps mite u guys be using to push them.
    Thanks for any responses/opinions

2. I've used a PH212 and Titan and currently use a PH212 and Fathom. I had Diesel series 210 and 115 that I used with the Titan and sound great. I am very happy with the PH212 and PH210 I currently have. I play top 40 cover stuff, the PH212 was bigger but lighter than the Diesel 210 believe it or not. Honestly, I love the cabs, I have found I am in love with a DB750 if I could find one. To answer your question though, I've used a PH212 with many different heads and loved it. I've gone through a ton of gear but I don't think that 212 will ever be part of it. I love it. The 210 gives it height so it's easier to hear but the 212 can handle the gig by itself no doubt.

3. bass7858

bass7858

Apr 11, 2009
    central florida
    Thanks for the input Dave.:bassist:

4. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    I gig regularly with a 4ohm powerhouse 212 and m-pulse 600... and it sounds great! :bassist::bassist:

I play two bands with this set up: a reggae band and a roots rock (with a punk rock undertow) type of band.

5. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    I had a full stack of two PH 212's up until about a year ago...

At first, I powered them with an Ampeg SVP-CL/Stewart World 1.6 rig... then switched that for a Mesa Boogie 400+!!! In both cases, the sound was stupendous, both tonally and in volume!!! Loved those cabs, and would still have 'em if injury hadn't forced a total rig rethink!

6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I am a big fan of this cab, and I reviewed it (and the M6 Carbine) in issue #1 of Bass Gear Magazine. Following that review, I bought the review rig, and then added a PH210 to the stack. Man, the PH210 and PH212 really complement each other well! Driving that stack with an M6 is immensely satisfying. I would love to try those cabs with an M9 someday. I do have a Titan V-12 on hand, and it really sounds great with those cabs as well, though I slightly prefer the Titan through the PH610.

Tom.