1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question RE MIM pickguards for a Jazz

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by momo, Jan 5, 2006.

1. momo

momo

Oct 22, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I am getting a standard Jazz bass body, and want to put a tort PG on it. Is there anyone who has replaced on of these and can tell me where they got it. I am just worried about the mounting screws not lining up if I get the one from stewmac. Thanks.

2. Hookus

Hookus

Oct 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    You can always fill the holes on the bass and re-drill them for the new guard. I know of at least three different screw patterns that I have personally seen.

3. Ned Starks Head

Ned Starks Head Yis, actually.

Sep 25, 2004
    Charlotte NC
    I have a standard Fender MIM Jazz and replaced the white guard with a white pearloid guard I got from Choppers Music. About half the holes lined up, the ones that were close but not quite I filled with toothpick pieces and wood glue, let dry, set the new guard on, marked and drilled new holes. Had to trim around the neck heel a little also. No where near the pain in the ass it might sound like.
    Came out great.

4. Try http://www.wdmusic.com , you might want to place the order by phone, and have someone verify the correct fit.

John