Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question RE MIM pickguards for a Jazz

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by momo, Jan 5, 2006.

1. momo

momo

Oct 22, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I am getting a standard Jazz bass body, and want to put a tort PG on it. Is there anyone who has replaced on of these and can tell me where they got it. I am just worried about the mounting screws not lining up if I get the one from stewmac. Thanks.

2. Hookus

Hookus

Oct 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    You can always fill the holes on the bass and re-drill them for the new guard. I know of at least three different screw patterns that I have personally seen.

3. Ned Starks Head

Ned Starks Head Yis, actually.

Sep 25, 2004
    Charlotte NC
    I have a standard Fender MIM Jazz and replaced the white guard with a white pearloid guard I got from Choppers Music. About half the holes lined up, the ones that were close but not quite I filled with toothpick pieces and wood glue, let dry, set the new guard on, marked and drilled new holes. Had to trim around the neck heel a little also. No where near the pain in the ass it might sound like.
    Came out great.

4. Try http://www.wdmusic.com , you might want to place the order by phone, and have someone verify the correct fit.

John