1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question/Recommendation

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by MycooLeeyun, May 12, 2011.

1. I bought a Lakland DJ5 here and it came strung with Elixirs. When I go the bass, the low B was tight and punchy and felt great. I changed out the strings with some Dunlop Nickels 45-130 I believe. I got the bass set up and all but the B string just wasn't as good anymore.

I'm thinking of trying out some D'addario EXL's or some DR nickel LoRiders. What strings tend to provide a tight and solid B? Thanks!

2. tylerwylie

tylerwylie

Jan 5, 2008
    Dunwoody, GA
    Best B's in the business: DR (DDT's especially, Nickel Lo's too), Circle K... umm there might be more but those are the first two I'd try.

3. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    D'Addario makes up to a .145 B

4. I rather not have to go way up in gauge to get a good B when it's possible to get an average guaged B that is equally as good.

5. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    Then you might try a set of Balanced 136 strings from Circle K.

6. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Different brands = Different tensions = Different preferences for different players.

7. Circle K always seemed like a good string to try, I hear a lot of good things about them. I remember them being a bit pricey but I'll surely check them out. Thanks for the recommendation.