1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question regarding Bart TBIBT preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Snarf, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    From the Bart site: "2 Buffered Inputs plus 2 band (Bass and Treble) tone control preamp - 9 volt"

The second part of that I understand, but what are "2 buffered inputs?" I'm looking to drop one of these into my Conklin GT4 which has pickup blend/vol/bass/treble.

2. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    I've used a ton of these, they're great. The buffered inputs are what you hook the pickups up to before you mix them, then you get a blend that acts more like a mixing board than just adding 2 passive pickups together. This keeps the volume more consistent as you blend the pickups and I believe also negates the series/parallel effects of mixing 2 pickups but I'm not sure of this last part.

I prefer it but it is a matter of taste.

By the way how's Ruth these days?

3. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Ruth is . . . no longer playing with Frank.

Next question: How much would it cost to have one installed?

4. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Ruth was happening with those mallets. The last TBIBT I bought was about 15 years ago and I think I paid about $40 wholesale for them. Add the pots and labor and inflation and you could expect to pay... I really don't know :)