Question regarding Fender Rumble 500 head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gonzogiraffes, Sep 21, 2016.

1. gonzogiraffes

gonzogiraffes

Sep 21, 2016
    Hi there, I've seen a bunch of pics of the Fender Rumble 200 head above two 1x12 cabs. I love the Rumble 112s but want to use the Rumble 500 head. Will this be a good match power wise (500 head and 2 1x12 cabs) or should I worry about blowing anything up? Thanks!

Roger Ammons likes this.
  2. Roger Ammons

Roger Ammons

Apr 3, 2016
    Don't worry

3. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    The 112 cabs are a good match for the 500 head. You should be fine.

4. As long as you are using both 1x12 cabs together it should be good with the 500 head.
    One cab by itself is not enough to handle the 500 unless you keep the amp volume down and listen for problems with the speaker. The 1x12 is rated to handle 250 watts continuous.

5. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    That's true enough, but the 500 only puts out a maximum of 350 watts at 8 Ohms, and a single 112 handles 250 watts continuous/500 watts program, so the disparity isn't as great as you might suppose. But I agree, you do have to exercise some care if using only one 112.

6. Yes. That is correct. One cab will be 8 ohms and the amp will max at around 350 watts, not 500.
    Thanks JakobT for catching that.

7. honeyiscool

honeyiscool

Jan 28, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    I played the Rumble 112 with the Aguilar 500 head for several months. Never had a problem. Unless you're putting continuous sine waves through your amp and cranking it, you're not going to damage 250W RMS speakers with a 500W head (which only puts out like 300-350W in 8 ohm anyway).

I really like the Rumble 112 cabs. I only switched to TC K210 because I wanted skinnier and taller cabs (though as a side effect, this gave me the excuse to start using a 800W head).

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021