Question Regarding Hartke HA3500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jimbowhit7, Apr 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jimbowhit7

Jimbowhit7

Mar 5, 2018
    As you might have picked up by the title, I own a Hartke HA3500, and - quite frankly - I love it. However, I was wondering what would happen if I ran it into a larger cabinet (say, 600-700 watts). Would the higher wattage of the cabinet provide the higher volume that might be needed in a live setting, or would I need to get a larger amp to match it? I currently use it just as a practice amp, but if I ever wind up playing shows with it I wanted to know what my limitations were as far as volume.

2. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    If your cab is 8 ohm, you'll probably get more loud by getting a matching cab and using both of those, rather than a higher wattage cab.

3. That head will have more volume than you really need for a live show. I use one too and it barely ever gets to go past 9oclock on the volume at gigs.

4. Jimbowhit7

Jimbowhit7

Mar 5, 2018
    Cool. I had just heard about bassists who use (at LEAST) 500+ watt amps in live settings (less if they're tube amps), so I was concerned about whether 350 would be enough.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022