Question regarding my SVT 5-PRO

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rysker6, Jan 27, 2009.

1. rysker6

rysker6

Nov 18, 2008
    Chicago
    Hey Talkbass community how are you? I'm almost positive that Im going to sell my SVT 5-PRO head because I just really don't use it that much these days and really just can't seem to get a good sound out of it whenever I do try and play it. I got it in 06 and its in perfect condition I only played a few shows with it, seriously like three. So what Im asking is, how much should I be asking for? Ive never sold an amp head and I don't really know what depreciation is on amp heads or cabs for that matter. Its in mint condition and is an 06 so. Thanks if anyone can give me an answer

2. Okay for starters, pay for a supporting membership and advertise that you are selling it in the FS/FT section. Ask for something like $600 obo. OR you could keep it until it is worth money, it is made by SLM, and if it is in perfect condition I think it will be worth more than it is right now one day. OR you could sell it on EVIL bay to someone who doesn't know exactly what it is: explain how rare it is as it was only produced for a short time and that Ampeg is not longer MIA, etc. Don't say things like "I can't seem to get a good sound out of it" put what you want to get out of it as your reserve, and if no one meets it post it until someone does. All the best! :)

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021