1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question regarding selling a high end bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by greenbass, Jun 9, 2007.

1. greenbass

greenbass

Jan 22, 2004
    USA
    Thanks helpful talkbass family, My issue has been resolved USPS money order's will be mailed out on Monday per buyer's email/phone conversation.

appreciate all the help!

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA

Does this guy / buyer have any history (TB, E-bay) or is he an unknown entity? I'm somewhat concerned about bogus MOs, cashiers' checks, and the like. Just be careful.

Riis

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Yes, if a money order is what is stipulated as payment, it's COD. Since it usually isn't actual cash, shippers like Fedex refer to it as Collect on delivery.

I don't know if shippers will have a driver accept actual cash. Actually I doubt it.

4. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    The seller doesn't immediately receive the funds. There's usually time to reports issues on the buyer's end.

5. The Penguin

The Penguin duplicate account violation Inactive

Jun 21, 2006
    I'm not pelagic
    You never get all the way through one of my posts before responding do you?

6. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Can you read? Does your entire post somehow change the meaning of your initial question... "Is a money order really cash on delivery?"?
    :meh:

You can't stop being a ___ long enough to even pay attention to your own words.

And now... post a cute pic.

:D

7. The Penguin

The Penguin duplicate account violation Inactive

Jun 21, 2006
    I'm not pelagic
    Yeah! You're a winner! You sure showed me. Except for the name calling, that made you look like a ____!

[​IMG]

Isn't it about time for you to flood the mods with your usual martyr story about now?

And to answer your grammatical question, yes, the other words in a post have bearing on the meaning. You can't just stop at one or two.

8. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings

Sorry I called you a ____. I actually meant "penguin".
    :smug:

Got a new avatar, eh? Nice pose. You're a winner!

Projecting again. Sweet.
    :D

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021