Question regarding the Warwick Corvette Standard and ProLine

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OrangeWillard, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Hello, everyone. This is my first post ever, and I'm already bugging everyone on here with one of my questions! :smug: Hah, anyway... I play bass in a local rock band. I incorporate a good deal of slapping and popping into our music. On to the question...

I've recently been looking at purchasing a Warwick, but on not that much of a budget. I had intentions of buying the regular Corvette Standard 4-string, but have recently thought whether or not I should drop the extra $500 on getting the Corvette ProLine. If anyone has any experience regarding these basses, I'd love to know.

Mainly, I would like to know whether it's worth the other $500. I'm not at all interested in a different finish, but I realize they are two different woods on the body. If there's a major difference in tone, I'd want to know this before choosing. If you would like a frame of reference as to what type of music I would be playing, you may go to: or you may go to and navigate to the Audio section.

Many thanks to anyone who takes time to read this post. Also, thank you to anyone that may be of guidance to my post.